Yeah, the title says it all. This 2008 Aggie Football Preview is not going to be positive. The only thing Aggie fans have to look forward to is our running back corps. And the problem was, that as good as the RBs were last year, the stinkin’ QB lead the team in rushing yards. WTH! Thank God Fran is gone (I’ll try not to use that four letter word around this blog anymore… He’s gone and nobody misses him. Well, maybe the Aggie QB, but that’s another blog post.)
Tonight starts the Coach Sherman Era at Texas A&M and it might be his only W all year. Being fair, New Mexico, Army, and Baylor are potential Ws. The key will be the play Coach Sherman gets out of his deadly duo of Lane and Goodson. Both Jorvorskie Lane and Mike Goodson made the preseason 2008 Doak Walker Award candidate list. I think the only way the Aggies win more then 5 games this year is if the Aggies get Lane or Goodson the 2008 Doak Walker award.
So here goes, my game by game predictions for the 2008 Texas Aggie Football team:
- 8/30 – Aggies vs Arkansas St – W
- 9/6 – Aggies at New Mexico – W
- 9/20 – Aggies vs Miami (FL) – L – ass kicked, just like last year
- 9/27 – Aggies vs Army – L – USA, USA, but embarrassing loss to the Army
- 10/4 – Aggies at Oklahoma St – L
- 10/11 – Aggies vs Kansas St -L
- 10/18 – Aggies vs Texas Tech – L – it’s a disgrace to all Aggies the way Tech owns us.Â Be ashamed.
- 10/25 – Aggies at Iowa St – W – first W for the Ags in almost two months.Â Miserable
- 11/1 – Aggies vs Colorado – L – boy do I wish this was the Ags team of 1995 playing Colorado
- 11/8 – Aggies vs Oklahoma – L – OU might put 100 points up this time
- 11/15 – Aggies at Baylor – W – the Aggies will win after being utterly humiliated by OU the week before
- 11/27 – Aggies at Texas – L – the Longhorns *will* hang 100 on the Aggies, and we might not score
So where did that leave us… I my math is good…Â that give the Aggies 4 wins.Â They might surprise me and squeak out a W against Army or Kansas St, but don’t count on it.Â And to make matters worse, I don’t feel to good about the four Ws I’ve picked.
Please let the Aggies, somehow, squeak out four wins this year.
And I’d really like a World Series for the Cubs.